- Hutapea J.R, Heydiotis sp., Inventaris Tanaman Obat IndonesiaV, Indonesia, Indonesian Ministry of Health, Institute National Health Research and Development, Jakarta, 1994, pages 67 -71
- Medicinal herb Index in Indonesia, Heydiotis sp., Pt Eisai Indonesia, Jakarta, 1995, page 210
Selasa, 21 Mei 2013
Rumput mutiara (Hedyotis corymbosa (L.) Lamk).
Hedyotis species: Hedyotis corymbosa L. (Oldenlandya corymbosa L). is the most used. There are, hedyotis prostate Bl. (H.phollipensis),and Hedyotis capitelata
Vernacular names Indonesia: Rumput siku-siku, bunga telor belungkas; daun mutiara, rumput mutiara; katepan, urek-urek polo; pengka; China: Shui xian cao; English: pearl grass.
Trade name: rumput mutiara or pearl grass.
Botany, Pearl grass grow upright or inclined, the height of 5 to 50 cm, thrives in moist soil on the side of the road, the edge of the ditch, has many ramifications. This grass stems quadrangular, with very short scales, branched, with a thickness of 1 mm and brownish-green to grayish green. The leaves are small with a length of leaves 1-5 cm, pointed tip, leaves a bone in the middle. The leaves with petiole very short and have short hair on end. Flowers out of the arm pit leaves, shaped like a white umbrella, such as compound interest 2-5 cm, flower stalk (stem) as hard as wire, 5-10 mm in length. Fruit built, cracked edges. The root of this herb is a root crop riding with an average diameter of 1 mm with thread-shaped root branch.
Constituents: All parts of the plant: irridoid, sitosterol, urosolad acid, oleanolad acid, n-benzoil-1-fenilalanil-1-fenilaninol acetat.The methanolic extract of Heydyotis corymbosa(L) yield: gallic acid 210 mg equivalent 100 g phenolic and quercetin equivalent 100 g flavonoid as potential antioxidant.
Use All parts of the plant (Hedyotis sp) used for emolient, febrifuge, stomachic, tooache (Taiwan, Indo China, & Phillipines); Malay Peninsula: poultices or lotion for heal wounds, small sore & sore eyes; snakes bites, broken bones, bruises, rheuumatism, lumbago & ague; a decoction for colicc, heartburn,dysentery, lumbago, after childbirth, kidney disorder, tonic, stomachic, gonnorrhea. A study (Hedyotis corymbosa (L.) for tonsillitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, mumps, acute appendicitis, hepatitis, dyuretic, active blood sirculation, cholecytitis, pelvic imflamatory disease, carbuncle, appendicitis,antidote, and cancer (Lymphosarcoma, gastric Ca, Ca cervix, breast, rectum, fibrosarcoma, and Ca nasophar).
Prospects Recent research on pharmacological properties of pearl grass: The extract of all plant are producing high amount of hepatoprotective effects as evidenced by decreased serum enzyme activities, SGPT, SGOT, SAKP and serum bilirubin and an almost normal histological architecture of the liver, in treated groups, compared to the controls.
Preparation/jamu: All parts of the plant are drying and grinding. The doses this herbal is 5 – 15 grams 3 times daily for treatment and make as a decoction. Once daily for preventive. Jamu recommended: a decoction of 30 grams pearl grass, 30 grams curcuma domestica, 5 grams piper nigrum, 15 grams ginger, 3 nutmeg, 30 grams sugar and 2 liters water. Doses 3 times 100 ml daily for treatment
Side effect: such as the mouth and throat become dry, injection i.v with high doses causes a mild decrease in white blood cells.
3. Perry L.M., 1981, Hedyotis species, Medicinal Plant of East and Southeast Asia, The Mitt Press Cambridge, Missachussets, page 350.
4. Agusmartoyo, Rumput Mutiara (Hedyotis corymbosa (L.J Lamk), http/www. khasanahherbal.com., December 9, 2012
5. In vitro antioxidant activity of Heydiotis corymbosa (L,J Lamk), Departement of Biotechnology, Karpargam Univesity,Coimbatore 641 021, Tamil Nadu, India. firstname.lastname@example.org
6. http://ccrcfarmasiugm.wordpress.com/ensiklopedia-tanaman-anti-kanker/r/rumput-mutiara, Rumput mutiara (Hedyotis corymbosa (L.) Lamk). April, 22, 2011